HomaGroup is an independent business unit that has become a leading ground handling services provider to the sector since its establishment in 2003.
The beginning of its activity dates back to the 4 years ago when AENA (via Iberhandling and Eurohandling) awarded the company handling services licenses.
Currently HomaGroup is an established Company in the market that providesHandling, Cargo and GSE management to more than 200 worldwide customers in 13 airports of Iran at 14 cargo terminals in Iran.
- 2003: Establishment of Globalia Handling as an independent business unit of Globalia Corporación, consolidating the ground handling services.
- 2004: Start of the handling activity in Morocco as a second national operator in Agadir, Casablanca, Fes, Nador, Marrakech and Tangier under the trademark Mar Handling.
- 2005: Globalia Handling starts handling services at airports in Mexico City Cancun and Mérida, Mexico.
In the same year it buys Calderón Cargo and Transportes Calderón to serve Santiago, Bilbao, Zaragoza, Madrid, Valencia, Alicante, Seville, Malaga and Jerez freight terminals.
- 2006: Start up of Groundforce activities at Bilbao, Seville and Gran Canaria bases.
- 2007: Admittance into Groundforce airport network with license to provide handling services to third parties at Madrid, Barcelona, Tenerife North and Tenerife South bases.
In Barcelona Airport, Globalia Handling establishes an “UTE” (Joint Venture) with Iberia and starts to operate under the name Iberia Globalia Cargo (IGC).
- 2008: Globalia Handling starts its activities for passengers with reduced mobility in Las Palmas Airport, attending 54,000 passengers in 2010.
Calderón starts to operate as a Freight Agent in Palma de Mallorca Airport. That same year a Joint Venture is agreed with Eurotransmex to provide Cargo services in Canary Islands (North Tenerife, Las Palmas de GC and South Tenerife).
- 2009: Integration of Calderón Cargo in Globalia’s Handling Division to becomeGroundforce Cargo.
Admittance into Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Santa Cruz de la Palma cargo terminals network.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY AND SAFETY
The primary objective of Groundforce is to conduct high quality, environmentally and operationally safe services.
- SEE QUALITY POLICY
- COMMITMENT TO OUR CLIENTS
We are decisively client oriented, satisfying his needs and expectations and applying Integrated Management Systems. When managing operations, we act on behalf of our clients.
We comply with corporate policies, our client’s requirements and applicable law.
- COMMITMENT TO THE IMPROVEMENT
We believe in continually working to improve our services by planning the goals, managing incidences dynamically and implementing efficient action plans.
We measure: Quality of the service and operational security through indicators, and we share information seamlessly with our clients.
- COMMITMENT TO OUR HUMAN TEAM
Our main asset is our people. Only qualified and competent personnel take charge of operations. Our HR policy is to allocate tasks according to the skills and competences of each collaborator, actively promoting continuing training and professional development as the best strategy to retain talent.
- 40 Million passengers handled
- 150.000 tons of cargo handled
- Over 200 companies handled
- Over 3.500 active employees
- 308.000 operations handled